Okay – I’ll admit… the heat got to me last night during the Paseo Arts District‘s First Friday Gallery Walk. It was a record breaking high for a low … If you saw me, I hope I didn’t offend. I was just either wanting to sit down or vomit. Yep – not good at conversation. I didn’t last long – well, home by 10pm. Still a great turnout for all the galleries. What troopers. I just made it to JRB Art at the Elms and the Avalon building. DONEZO! I really wanted to make Les Debris & Oklahoma Heritage Museum’s openings but alas…
Here’s what’s on my mind:
- Will this NewsOK crime story make national news? It should. Woman stabs boyfriend with his power drill. She sped off in a PT Cruiser with a flat tire. Those lips!
- Museums and libraries make great escapes from the heat. The Oklahoma City Museum of Art and the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum offer free admission for Bank of America cardholders today and tomorrow. Libraries are open Sundays, 1-6pm during the heatwave.
VH-1 Top 20 Video Countdown this week in review is everything old is new again but new is new still!
- No Doubt is back & looking cool in Settle Down. Yes I want to do Gwin’s new dance.
- Matchbox 20 sounds pretty good with She’s So Mean. Again – another soon to be overused Adult Contemporary Radio song.
- Carly Rae Jepsen is so cute, reminds me of my niece Anna. She and Owl City have a song out together called Good Time. I like it!
- I really like Linkin Park’s Burning it Down but I’m starting to wonder if they’re videos are all looking the same. But still stunning to watch.
- Pink has a new video called Blow Me (One Last Kiss). It’s just a bit too dramatic for me. I’m sure it will be the next overused Adult Contemporary Radio song as well. Not a hater – I still really like her.
- Katy Perry is number one with Wide Awake. That has to be about her marriage break-up. Duh.
- How am I not seeing Kelly Clarkson in Thackerville tonight? I know … it’s way over across the state in Thackerville. Love her new video Dark Side.
- Flo Rider – that house on the beach in the Whistle video is unreal. I’m really liking him! I am actually pulling up some of his old songs and rediscovering him.
- And my favorite NEW band, who’s video has finally grown on me is The Lumineers’ Ho-Hey. I like the way the stomp their feet when they say HEY. Who are these people? I’m intrigued. Looks like two guys and a girl. Seems a bit Irish. More to discover!