Happy end of the week! Did everyone survive another 100++ day yesterday? My only beef was about my new OG+E Smart Meter program.It makes my house super hot during the 2-7pm peak hours and then it takes my house from 7pm-… I don’t know when, to recover. I’m sure there’s a quick fix for it. You know… I’m just one step away from my phone. I could call customer service about it but I’m just too hot, too lazy! I still endorse this program and recommend it.
Oh and also I had haters on one of my client’s pages because I posted about the gymnast winning the gold before it was televised. I feel if you don’t want to get early results, it’s best to stay off Facebook. I just deleted the post because it was getting brutal.
Here’s what’s on my mind:
- The Flaming Lips will perform on Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report” as part of comedian Stephen Colbert’s recently announced “Pepsi Presents StePhest Colbchella ’012: Rocktaugustfest.” Taping August 10 then replays of different bands on the show.
- Jimmy Fallon to possibly host the Oscars? Dear Jimmy Fallon: I love you! My sister and I are working on getting tickets to see him this late fall. Fingers crossed!
- Brewing beer locally seems like a lot of science work. I salute people like J.D. Merryweather and his COOP Ale Works crew.
- Note to self: build indoor dog walk. Good for hot summer & cold winter walking. My little Pomeranian’s paws just get so hot. When she gets home she soaks her paws in iced water. Seriously. We have not walked in a couple days actually.
Leslie’s OKC for this weekend!
- Les Debris presents American Indian Art in Paris Reception and Exhibition, 5-8pm (this mother/daughter/granddaughter team are simply precious!)
- First Friday Gallery Walk, Paseo Arts District, 6-10pm (lots of Facebook invites for each gallery – it’s very cool to see the energy).
- Opening Reception for Generation Next: Chapter Two. Temporary exhibit by Desmond Mason in our Tulsa World Gallery. Tonight 6-8pm, Oklahoma Heritage Museum
- Bank of America’s Museums on Us first weekend free admission month for cardholders. Includes these fabulous Oklahoma museums: Oklahoma City Museum of Art, the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, the Gilcrease Museum and the Philbrook Museum of Art…great air conditioning too!
- Total Recall has opened…thinking about it. Loved the 1990 version. Reviews are meh. Do I care?
- OKCMOA is playing an independent film called Safety Not Guaranteed Friday-Sunday. Lots of social media buzz for it. It has Parks n’ Rec‘s Aubrey Plaza (April) – love her!
- The Toy & Action Figure Museum is celebrating International Superhero Day on Saturday. Everyone is encouraged to dress up as their favorite Superhero. T&AFM is really wanting to set a world record for most people in costume!
- Libraries are now open on Sunday, 1-6pm. I heard rumor they’re designated “cool zones” during this heat wave. Air conditioning and WiFi is the best!
- Salsa at the Devon Energy Sunday Twilight Concerts, Myriad Botanical Gardens, with Son del Barrio with Salsa/Meringue music.
Happy odd/even water rationing. I am on the “odd” side. I watered promptly this morning. I’m fighting the good fight!