Good morning! I have too many random thoughts to post out on social media today so I’m going to do this blog – simple and “linkey”…
- It’s going to be the HOTTEST DAY ever in Oklahoma City – let’s avoid going insane, drinking, going to water parks, taking off your clothes. NewsOK
- Oklahoma City Public Schools are back in session today! Definitely watch your speed limits and know when your school districts. It can be ‘oh that’s right – I’m in PC school district now, I can speed.’
- My neighbors got their yard “tp’d”… I don’t get that. I never got that when I was a teenager in North Carolina and Virginia. ‘I love you teenage boy so I’m going to buy a lot of toilet paper and cause a lot of clean-up work on your parents. XOXO’
- I’m a Today Show girl but this Olympics coverage is too much overload for me. I want to just be in USA mentally instead of London so I switched over to Good Morning America, same thing. Then I went to CBS This Morning. Wow! I like no non-sense news in the morning…who knew?? I do love the CBS Sunday Morning.
- Yahoo is poo poo as a search engine.
- The NW 63rd Street southbound exit ramp on Broadway Extension opens at noon today. I think it’s cool looking.
- A new Brady Bunch show?? Vince Vaughan really? I’m going to sit back and watch this.
- Metropolitan Libraries are now open Sundays, 1-6pm. They’re considered “cool zones” during this heatwave. Thinking about checking out the new NW library that’s named after Patience Latting. I hear there are glass cubical type areas. All the libraries have great air conditioning and each their own groupies! Now if they would just let us bring in our iced-coffee drinks!
- MTV started on this day 31 years ago. I thank the music gawds for VH-1’s Top 20 Video Countdown on Saturday mornings starting at 8:30am. I record it. Rewatch it. Pick and chose who I think I’m going to download. It really keeps me in the loop. I love music videos. Too bad MTV doesn’t.
- Andy Cohen is loving the Men’s diving competition at the Olympics. I love Andy!
- August is
American Adventures Month
Black Business Month
Children’s Eye Health and Safety Month
Children’s Vision and Learning Month
Get Ready for Kindergarten Month
Immunization Awareness Month, Natl
Neurosurgery Outreach Month
Panini Month, Natl
Spinal Muscular Atrophy Awareness Month
Stevens Johnson Syndrome Awareness Month
What Will Be Your Legacy Month
Win with Civility Month, Natl
- Joe Elliott from Def Leppard turns 53 today. I met the band once…as many of you know. It was 1987. Joe came up to me, reached out his hand, shook my hand and said, ‘Hi! I’m Joe! Your name is?’ Me, ‘Leslie?’ He was so polite. So professional. Then I heard what they did with groupies during the concert, under their round stage and then after the concert. I was icked out then I got perhaps offended that I wasn’t selected. Then I grossed out again.
As a tribute to Joe & music videos, I give you one of my favorite Def Leppard songs that I felt should have been a lot more popular. Love their tribute to 70s glam rock.