Happy Thursday! Yes I’m a day behind. I’ve dived into the Foster dog program and my first foster, a beautiful black Pomeranian named Jagger, got his surgery yesterday morning… interesting story that I’ll have to blog about later. Apparently it’s easy to fall in love with your first foster! Here’s what’s up for this wonderful rest of the week:
Friday, March 15
- Bug, OKC Theatre Company, 8pm, Civic Center’s CitySpace Theatre. Note: Mature language, violence, and adult situations. Not recommended for sensitive viewers.
- OKC Thunder vs. Orlando Magic, Chesapeake Energy Arena, 7pm
- Mrs. Mannerly, Carpenter Square Theater, 8pm
Saturday, March 16
- Oklahoma Gardening School presented by Devon Energy & the Myriad Botanical Gardens, 8:30a-3:30pm, Devon Auditorium
- Low cost vaccinations and microchipping for cats and dogs, Bella Foundation, Animal Resource Center, 7949 S. I-35 Service Road, 10am-1pm
- 22nd Annual Bricktown St. Patrick’s Day block party, noon-10pm … and since I couldn’t find a website, I pulled this from AboutOKC’s Adam Knopp:
- The parade will begin at 1 p.m., starting at Walker, directly east on Sheridan into Bricktown. Quite a popular holiday event, the parade typically has thousands of OKC residents lining the streets. There are typically more than 80 parade entries, Shriners, dancers, clowns, animals, antique cars and more. Peter Pembrooke is the 2013 Grand Marshal.
- Mother/Daughter Easter Hat Workshop at JRB Art Gallery in Paseo, 1-4pm
- St. Patrick’s Day parade, starts at 1pm at Walker and Sheridan heading east into Bricktown
- Money Talks, Art Walks fundraiser for Individual Artists of Oklahoma Gallery, 7pm
- Bon Jovi Because We Can concert, Chesapeake Energy Arena, 8pm
- Mrs. Mannerly, Carpenter Square Theater, 8pm (Last performance)
- Bug, OKC Theatre Company, 8pm, Civic Center’s CitySpace Theatre. Note: Mature language, violence, and adult situations. Not recommended for sensitive viewers
Sunday, March 17 ST. PATRICK’S DAY!
Well … I’m going to give you the fabulous Food Editor for NewsOK Dave Cathey’s article on all the great foodie/drinkie events! Click here.