I’m super pumped! Today I started a standing radio gig with an old radio friend Eggman in The Morning on OKC’s True Oldies channel. He is sooo funny! Funny men are my weakness. I laugh at anything they say, even if it’s just ‘hi.’ He invited me to come on to tell their listeners everything that’s going on in Oklahoma City for the weekend leading up and boy do I love telling people where to go! Here’s a recap of what we talked about broken down into categories of what, I dunno!
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s Photorealism Revisited Members‘ preview events on tonight, opens Thursday through April 21, 2013. Events throughout the run of the exhibit.
- Myriad Gardens is opening the Joy Richardson art show in the Crystal Bridge lobby area. Opening reception is Thursday, 5-7pm and is free and open to the public. On exhibit through February 28, 2013
- Reflections: The Photographs of Allison V. Smith & Stanley Marcus, Artspace at Untitled in downtown will have an opening reception Friday, 5-8pm. Free and open to the public.
- The Art Now exhibit at City Arts Center has opened and Friday is the annual Gala event. Monday is the curator talk. Lots of people love this Gala event.
- Free admission to the Myriad Gardens Crystal Bridge on the 25th of each month to honor their 25th anniversary. January 25 is Friday!
- Devon Ice Rink in the Myriad Gardens is still open through February 3!
- All About Terrariums, Myriad Gardens, Saturday, January 26, 1-3pm, $35 nonmembers $25 members
- Children’s Winter Flower Arranging class at the Myriad Gardens, Saturday, January 26, 1-2:30pm
- OKC Philharmonic’s Discovery Series presents America The Beautiful at the Civic Center for kids. 2pm
- See the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile in OKC. Jan 25, 2013 to Jan 27, 2013. Enjoy fun activities, wiener whistles, and a look inside the 76-year old Wienermobile.
- Free admission Mondays at the Oklahoma City Zoo through February.
- Professional Bull Riders at the Chesapeake Energy Arena all weekend
- OKC Philharmonic is presenting The Music of Michael Jackson at the Civic Center Friday & Saturday.
- The Good Counselor, Carpenter Square Theater Thursday, January 24, 7:30 p.m; Friday, January 25, 8 p.m; Saturday, January 26, 8 p.m.
- David Cassidy / Peter Noone concert is a week from Saturday at Riverwind Casino and there seem to still be good seats available.
Be sure to tune in this next Wednesday, January 30! We’ll talk about the weekend ahead and then maybe event highlights for February! You can e-mail me at email@example.com