Happy Thursday! How did you survive the heat yesterday? I ended up in the worst 7/Eleven I think I’ve ever been to in this city. It’s not the 7/Eleven itself but more the crowd was busy, angry black woman, angry white biker chick, back to school kids running crazy, hot… lines – madness and you know, in the middle of all of it stood a fresh produce island like thing. Oh the juxtaposition. Lesson: Keep your tank full from your favorite gas station or you’ll end up at a place you regret. New phrase I’m starting today: Instead of ‘Oh hell yes’ say ‘hot-as-hell yes!’
Here’s what’s going through my mind this morning:
- The amazing Kevin Stark can be heard on this KOSU interview talking of the Toy and Action Figure Museum and the International Superhero Day this Saturday in Pauls Valley, OK. It’s getting quite a bit of national attention. I know it’s not right but I would really want my superhero to be Cat Woman – but she was about saving the world! No nemesis.
- NBC and coverage of the Olympics is getting picked on. Hash tag #NBCFail. I still remain dedicated but I’m taking a break. You can learn how to live stream the coverage through the BBC. This article says it all for me via the Huffington Post
- My friend Robbie Kienzle is featured in the Oklahoma Gazette this week regarding being appointed arts and cultural affairs liaison to help coordinate public art project for the City of OKC. She’s a perfect fit. We met in the late 1980s. I was promotions manager at KOMA/KRXO and she was the director of the Festival of the Arts. She’s super intelligent, artsy… just a very unique person. (Disclaimer – she was my landlord in the 1990s).
- I totally want to see the new Total Recall. I totally loved the original. Wonder if it’s going to play at the Warren Theaters IMAX. I really want to see a movie at the IMAX.
- A lot of activities going on in OKC this week. I’ll be posting them later today! It’s the first weekend of the month!
- I can see how Michael Douglas can wear Liberace and Matt Damon is lover. Funny how every thought he was just a happy bachelor back in the day!
- This Who concert refund for tickets from 1979 in Rhode Island is so interesting to me. I had to dig just a bit but it is related to the Cincinnati stampede tragedy where twelve people were crushed to death. That almost happened to me at the Rolling Stones concert when it came to Owen Field in Norman. I understood how that can happen. I’m happy for these people that will get to see them after all. The sister of one of the dudes said she had to talk him off the cliff when they found out about the then Mayor’s forced cancellation. The difference? General seating vs. designated seating.
- Here’s a cute video tribute to the Fab Five gymnastics team. Played to New Direction’s song That’s What Makes You Beautiful with new words. I’m not hating New Direction…their appearance on Saturday Night Live was pretty funny.
- I have a feeling even after, God forbid, William Shatner dies, he will live on in so many multi-media forms and I wouldn’t hate that. Even Priceline.com killed him and he still lives on in those commercials.
- Leslie Lion…I like it! I don’t hate Snoop Lion either. Change can be good. I will now respectfully refer to him as Snoop Lion most definitely.
- Watch the trailer for Paranormal Activity 4… why am I drawn to these movies?? It’s not really my style. They scare the hell out me. I think I like them because they’re not gory like most films are these days and the suspense. The way the introduce the … whatever – ghost, witch, is pretty cool. Let’s watch this together and figure out the draw and the scariness..mommy!!